On 1 December 1918, the Squadron
moved forward to Carmin aerodrome near Lille and then
to Merheim, Cologne, where it was placed at the
disposal of the Army's 2nd Brigade for duty with the
Army of Occupation.
What flying there was consisted of mail carrying
and communications. There is also evidence to suggest
that a few Army staff officers had already realised
the advantages of air travel!
On 10 May 1919, the Squadron moved again, this
time to Hangelar where Major Elliot departed and was
replaced by Major M H B Nethersole who was to remain
with the Squadron until its disbandment.
The Squadron remained at Hangelar until 22 August
when it was reduced to cadre status. On that day, the
pilots flew their beloved Handley Pages for the last
time as a Squadron, ferrying them to St Inglevert to
be taken over by 100 Squadron who were embarking for
duties in the Mediterranean theatre.
A better idea of the size of an HP O/400 bomber