207 SQUADRON ROYAL AIR FORCE HISTORY
At East Midlands Airport 26th March 1975: went to storage - sold 12 Oct 84
source: John Smith via Rob Braithwaite
from FlyPast Dec 1985
"From Rotterdam came G-BLRN, owned by four Dove-loving Dutchmen, Pet Delhaas, Abe and Eric van do Schraaf and Clive Simpson. They plan to undertake air display work next year in Romeo November, by which time it may well have made the Dutch civil register. Peter has a strong liking for the type. He once ran the Dutch station for long-lamented Channel Airways, who operate a fleet of Doves and Herons among others. The consortium operates this aircraft on very similar lines to the Staverton group.
G-BLRN started life as Devon WB531, joining the RAF in July 1949. It is another well travelled example, having been used for time by the Air Attache in Djakarta, Indonesia."
page last updated 26 Oct 05